KRE Radio, Berkeley
This 50 watt transmitter, nicknamed “Big Mike”, was built by the Maxwell Electric Company and installed at the Claremont Hotel for KRE in 1922.
[Go to Index of Articles] [Return to Photo Archive] [Return to Home Page]
All articles copyright © 1997-2006 by John F. Schneider. All rights reserved.
Reprinted with the generous permission of the author.