kwun_studios_1981

KWUN Radio, Concord
Studio/Transmitter Site
1981

kwun_concord-studio_1981

KWUN (1480 AM) first went on the air from this site near the Concord Naval Weapons Station in November 1963. By 1978, the station moved its studios from downtown Concord to the building shown here.kwun_k-15_logo_c1990_x250

The facility, located at 300 Holly Drive (near Myrtle Drive), housed the studios and offices of KWUN until early 1993, when the building was demolished and KWUN’s  five antenna towers were dismantled after its owners lost their lease on the property. A subdivision of upscale homes was later built on the land.

The station later operated as KABN. Its license was terminated and the station was deleted by the FCC in December 2005.

SOURCE: Tom Richard Collection, Bay Area Radio Museum.

RELATED EXHIBITS:

 

Be the first to comment

Comments