This view shows the completed KNBC (680 kilocycles) transmitter site at Belmont. The transmitter building can be seen in the distance at the far left.
The two towers supported the flat-top “T” antenna, which was oriented East-West. The concrete building between the towers held the antenna tuning network.
This photo was taken in 1948, only a year before construction of the new KNBC antenna was begun. The original KNBC-FM (99.7 FM) antenna can be seen mounted atop the East tower; it was later moved to a new facility on Radio Road atop Mount San Bruno.
Into the twenty-first century, the AM station, currently known as KNBR, continues to transmit its 50,000-watt signal from this same location.