KWUN Radio, Concord
KWUN (1480 kHz.) first went on the air from this site near the Concord Naval Weapons Station in November 1963. By 1978, the station moved its studios from downtown Concord to the same site. The facility, located at 300 Holly Drive (near Myrtle Drive), housed the studios and offices of KWUN until early 1993, when the building was demolished and KWUN’s five antenna towers were dismantled after its owners lost their lease on the property. A subdivision of upscale homes was later built on the land.
SOURCE: Tom Richard Collection, Bay Area Radio Museum.