KQW Transmitter Towers

First Baptist Church
San Jose, California

KQW Transmitter Towers (Photo)

In 1925, Doc Herrold sold KQW to the First Baptist Church of San Jose. The church applied the slogan “King’s Quickening Word” to the station, and installed the equipment in the church building. This photo shows the towers built on the church property to hold the KQW antenna. 

[Go to Index of Articles] [Return to Photo Archive] [Return to Home Page]

All articles copyright © 1997-2006 by John F. Schneider. All rights reserved.
Reprinted with the generous permission of the author.

Be the first to comment

Comments

%d bloggers like this: