It’s time to vote for your favorite Bay Area radio personalities in the 2022 Sherwood Awards!
Named for the self-proclaimed World’s Greatest Disc Jockey, Don Sherwood (BARHOF 2006), the awards are the “people’s choice” for the most popular active personalities currently working in Bay Area radio.
Public voting in these categories begins on June 1, 2022, and will continue through July 5, 2022. You do not have to be a member of the California Historical Radio Society (CHRS) in order to vote. You may cast one vote every 24 hours through the close of the voting period.
The rules are simple:
- The recipient(s) of your vote must be on the air at an AM and/or FM radio station located in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- No nationally-syndicated program hosts. If the show isn’t broadcast live and direct from the Bay Area, it isn’t eligible.
- You can vote for a single personality, or a team, or a sportscaster, or a talk-show host, as long as they are currently on the air, with a regular shift on their station.
- Dr. Don Rose is not eligible. No matter how many times you vote for him, he is not eligible.
- Neither is Don Sherwood. He is 100% not eligible. (Come on, we named the award after him!)
- Is your favorite personality on an Internet-only (streaming) station? If so, they are not eligible. If the show is carried live on a Bay Area AM or FM station, place that vote.
This year’s Sherwood Award recipient(s) will be announced at Radio Day By The Bay, which will take place on Saturday, July 23, at Radio Central in Alameda – the home of CHRS and the Bay Area Radio Museum and Hall of Fame. For more information on Radio Day, please click here.
Ready to vote? Here we go…
Voting for this year's Sherwood Award has ended.