Bay Area Radio Museum

KWUN Radio, Concord
Transmitter Site
1981

KWUN Transmiiter Towers - 1981

KWUN K-15 AM Radio Logo, 1980KWUN (1480 kHz.) first went on the air from this site near the Concord Naval Weapons Station in November 1963. By 1978, the station moved its studios from downtown Concord to the same site. The facility, located at 300 Holly Drive (near Myrtle Drive), housed the studios and offices of KWUN until early 1993, when the building was demolished and KWUN's  five antenna towers were dismantled after its owners lost their lease on the property. A subdivision of upscale homes was later built on the land.

SOURCE: Tom Richard Collection, Bay Area Radio Museum.

RELATED EXHIBITS:

[ Return To The Bay Area Radio Museum ]

Bay Area Radio Museum

| RETURN TO THE MUSEUM FRONT PAGE |

| HALL OF FAME | PEOPLE | STATIONS | SPORTS | JINGLES | SCHEDULES | SURVEYS | HISTORY | NEWS |

California Historical Radio Society

THE BAY AREA RADIO MUSEUM & HALL OF FAME
ARE PROGRAMS OF THE CALIFORNIA HISTORICAL RADIO SOCIETY
DEDICATED TO PRESERVING AND HONORING THE HISTORY OF
RADIO BROADCASTING IN THE SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA

Broadcast Legends