KWUN Radio, Concord
(1480 AM) first went on the air from this site near the Concord Naval Weapons
Station in November 1963. By 1978, the station moved its studios from downtown
Concord to the building shown here.
The facility, located at 300 Holly Drive (near Myrtle Drive), housed the studios
and offices of KWUN until early 1993, when the building was demolished and
KWUN's five antenna towers were dismantled after its owners lost their
lease on the property. A subdivision of upscale homes was later built on the
The station later operated as KABN. Its license was terminated and the station
was deleted by the FCC in December 2005.
Tom Richard Collection, Bay Area Radio Museum.