Willard Radio Batteries
Ad From Radiocast Weekly
November 15, 1924
This print ad
for Willard Radio Batteries,
which appeared in San Francisco's "Radiocast Weekly" magazine for
November 15, 1924, actually predated the launch of the Julius Brunton &
Sons radio station, KJBS, which would go on the air less than two months
later. The Brunton firm — local operator of Willard Service Stations in
The City — had used an amateur callsign, 6RY, for their five-watt
station until it went commercial on January 3, 1925.
from its meager five watts to a still-puny 50 watts in 1927, but
continued to grow until it became today's KFAX, which broadcasts fulltime with
50,000 watts on 1100 kHz. from its transmitter plant in Hayward.
ORIGINAL SIZE: 6 inches x 8-1/2 inches.
SOURCE: Bay Area Radio Museum Collection.