Doc Herrold and Ray Newby
Charles D. "Doc" Herrold (right) and his student Ray Newby (left) are shown operating a
small spark transmitter at the Herrold College of Engineering and Wireless in San Jose, 1909.
The voice radio station they started here eventually became first KQW and then KCBS.
[Go to Index of Articles]
[Return to Photo Archive]
[Return to Home Page]
All articles copyright © 1997-2006 by John F. Schneider. All rights reserved.
Reprinted with the generous permission of the author.