KPO Radio, San Francisco
Transmitter Room
1925

KPO Transmitter Image (1925)

The radio transmitter room of KPO in Hale's Department Store is shown. In the foreground at right is the station's Western Electric 1,000-watt transmitter. In the background are the marble-faced electrical control panels, which were the only ones of their kind in the country.

The KPO employee inspecting the transmitter is probably Claire Morrison, KPO's first full-time announcer.

Photo courtesy of Bill Ruck, KNBR.

Voices Out Of The Fog

ALL ARTICLES COPYRIGHT © 1997-2013 BY JOHN F. SCHNEIDER. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
REPRINTED WITH THE GENEROUS PERMISSION OF THE AUTHOR.


Bay Area Radio Museum

| RETURN TO MUSEUM FRONT PAGE |

| PEOPLE | STATIONS | SPORTS | JINGLES | SCHEDULES | SURVEYS | HISTORY |

THE BAY AREA RADIO MUSEUM IS A CALIFORNIA NON-PROFIT CORPORATION
DEDICATED TO PRESERVING AND HONORING THE HISTORY OF
RADIO BROADCASTING IN THE SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA.