KNBC Radio 680
Belmont Transmitter Site
This view shows the completed KNBC (KPO) transmitter site at Belmont. The transmitter building
can be seen in the distance at the far left. The two towers supported the flat-top "T" antenna,
which was oriented East-West. The concrete building between the towers held the antenna
tuning network. This photo was taken in 1948, only a year before construction of the new KNBC
antenna was begun. The original KNBC-FM antenna can be seen mounted atop the East tower.
Into the twenty-first century, the station, currently known as KNBR, continues
to transmit its 50,000-watt signal from this same location.