KYA Radio, San Francisco
FCC Broadcasting License
June 1, 1937

Radio station KYA's broadcasting station license from the FCC, dated June 1, 1937. At this time, KYA operated on 1230 kc. with 5,000 watts during daytime hours (6 a.m. to local sunset) and 1,000 watts at night from its transmitter site at Bay View Park on Candlestick Hill. The station's main studios were located in the Hearst Building at Third and Market Streets in San Francisco.

Voices Out Of The Fog

ALL ARTICLES COPYRIGHT © 1997-2013 BY JOHN F. SCHNEIDER. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
REPRINTED WITH THE GENEROUS PERMISSION OF THE AUTHOR.


Bay Area Radio Museum

| RETURN TO MUSEUM FRONT PAGE |

| PEOPLE | STATIONS | SPORTS | JINGLES | SCHEDULES | SURVEYS | HISTORY |

THE BAY AREA RADIO MUSEUM IS A CALIFORNIA NON-PROFIT CORPORATION
DEDICATED TO PRESERVING AND HONORING THE HISTORY OF
RADIO BROADCASTING IN THE SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA.