KTAB Radio Antenna, Oakland
Roof of Tenth Avenue Baptist Church
1926

KTAB Radio Tower Image

The KTAB antenna was a flat-top "T" type, hung between two 155-foot towers installed at the Tenth Avenue Baptist Church, 1410 Tenth Avenue in Oakland. At the base of the main tower, a cornerstone was laid with the following inscription:

Waft, waft, ye winds, His story.
And you, ye waters, roll,
till, like a sea of glory,
it spreads from pole to pole.
1925

(The diagonal wires seen in the foreground of the photo are streetcar electrical lines.)

In 2007, the original site of the church and station, at the corner of East 14th Street (International Blvd.) and Tenth Avenue, housed the Williams Chapel Baptist Church.

Voices Out Of The Fog

ALL ARTICLES COPYRIGHT © 1997-2013 BY JOHN F. SCHNEIDER. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
REPRINTED WITH THE GENEROUS PERMISSION OF THE AUTHOR.


Bay Area Radio Museum

| RETURN TO MUSEUM FRONT PAGE |

| PEOPLE | STATIONS | SPORTS | JINGLES | SCHEDULES | SURVEYS | HISTORY |

THE BAY AREA RADIO MUSEUM IS A CALIFORNIA NON-PROFIT CORPORATION
DEDICATED TO PRESERVING AND HONORING THE HISTORY OF
RADIO BROADCASTING IN THE SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA.