6XG/KDN, San Francisco
The Leo J. Meyberg Co. Station

KDN Operating Room Image

Officials of the Leo J. Meyberg Co., an electrical distributor, established 6XG (later KDN) on the roof of the Fairmont Hotel in San Francisco in 1921. Operator Alan Cormack would go to the station every evening and broadcast programs from the little five-watt transmitter, primarily phonograph and player piano concerts. The station left the air in 1923.

Alan Cormack later assisted in the construction of KFRC, and spent his entire career as a radio engineer in San Francisco, first with KFRC and later with KCBS.

Voices Out Of The Fog

ALL ARTICLES COPYRIGHT © 1997-2013 BY JOHN F. SCHNEIDER. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
REPRINTED WITH THE GENEROUS PERMISSION OF THE AUTHOR.


Bay Area Radio Museum

| RETURN TO MUSEUM FRONT PAGE |

| PEOPLE | STATIONS | SPORTS | JINGLES | SCHEDULES | SURVEYS | HISTORY |

THE BAY AREA RADIO MUSEUM IS A CALIFORNIA NON-PROFIT CORPORATION
DEDICATED TO PRESERVING AND HONORING THE HISTORY OF
RADIO BROADCASTING IN THE SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA.